Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Packing Galore

Today is day 5 of being away from my hubby. My best friend tells me I shouldn't keep track of how many days we have been apart, but I find it interesting how quickly it went from day 2 to day 5. It gives me hope that "soon" is a relative term and will come more quickly than I can imagine. That being said, I do not like being away from Josh. I have left home before for varying amounts of time and have missed family and friends. But none of that compares to missing my spouse. It really feels like half of me is missing in a weird, disconnected way. As someone I talked to today said, "the long distance marriage thing is doable, but it sucks."
I concur. 

Despite all the 'missing' that is going on, we're doing pretty good I think. Josh is working hard to learn the ropes of working on the ramp and in the hangar and all the other stuff those guys do. He's had a ton of exams to work through and is now starting the ground school for flying the Dornier. He is enjoying guys he works with and the atmosphere at this company. And despite the fact that the cold weather keeps locking him out of his unlocked truck, he likes being up there. (Although he would like it better if I was with him :) ) 


I have the house pretty well packed up and with the help of my lovely family and some friends, we'll hopefully have everything moved on Saturday. That will be a relief to have all that work done. And I am truly grateful for all the help that our parents and friends have so willingly given. I'm still waiting for an interview for an RN job, but am praying that one will happen shortly so I can join Josh at the end of March. If that doesn't happen, then we'll just wait to see how it all unfolds. 


Until then, I trust and wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment