Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Goose has flown the coop

It's winter in Alberta,Canada........And the gentle breezes blow, 
40 miles per hour at 32 below! 
Oh, how I love Alberta,Canada..........When the snow's up to your butt; 
You take a breath of winter air 
And your nose is frozen shut. 
Yes, the weather here is wonderful, 
You may think I'm a fool. 
I could never leave Alberta, Canada...
Cause I'm frozen to the stool.
Edmonton had its fair share of winter this year, with the -30C temperatures and 3 or 4 feet of snow in January. We had another couple of cold days this week, with lows of -27 and highs of -23. I had to laugh on Tuesday when I read that Iqaluit's temperature was a whopping-59C! That's doubly as cold as Edmonton. 

*shiver*

This served as a frosty reminder of how badly Josh and I need good parkas! I figured this wouldn't be too difficult of a task, considering we live in Canada! However, Canada Goose is pretty well sold out for the season! I have spent hours on the phone and driving around town trying to find parkas for us that will combat the lovely Arctic weather Iqaluit is experiencing. After several frustrating days of searching, being told "we're selling our spring line now" or finding XXS or XXL sizes only....we finally found Josh a Canada Goose Snow Mantra! What a relief. It is such a warm, well equipped coat for those frigid temperatures. I am so thankful that my hubby will not freeze to death his first day on the job. I still need to find a parka for me, but at least I have a little bit of time before I head north. 



1 comment:

  1. As I'm sure Joshua will be quick to confirm, being at -59C only makes Iqaluit 13% colder than Edmonton :)

    ReplyDelete