Friday, February 25, 2011

On the Move

The last two weeks have gone by in a blur of moving, cleaning, sorting, packing, rearranging, hauling, throwing, sharing, and giving. Tonight I'm officially done moving and cleaning the town house. Phew! It has been a big job that I couldn't have done alone without the help of many family and friends. Thank you! 

I moved back into my parent's place last weekend. It is so nice to be living with people and not be on my own. It does feel weird to move into my little brother's old room, but I'm getting used to it and sure like the company. Teeka thinks it great that she has so many people to play with, bark at and give her lots of attention. Now that the move is done, my plan is to work lots and pray that my interview is a success. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get to Iqaluit sometime in the last week of March. It's been two weeks since I last saw Josh, and although it has gone quickly. I can't wait to be with him again.

Josh has had a hectic two weeks of orientation and training in Yellowknife. It has been very good and he is working on his ground school for the Dornier. Today he left Yellowknife for Iqaluit! It's about a 3 hour flight that puts him two hours ahead of us in Edmonton. He is settling into the new crew house and tomorrow will get to see the hangar and airport. I'm very curious to see pictures of the town and airport. He promises he'll get the internet up and running as soon as he can. 

We've been reading in the newspapers about the exorbitant food prices in Nunavut. Well, Josh has experienced that first hand. A few items from his first grocery shop included:
                   
                   2L milk $6.50                 Cornflakes $13
                   8 oranges $10                 Lettuce $6 


Crazy! Fortunately he also brought big box of food from Edmonton and hopefully our other boxes of food will be able to come on company flights if there is room. Looks like we'll need to bump up our grocery budget! 








No comments:

Post a Comment