Monday, March 7, 2011

Waiting

Josh at work
Life has settled into a bit of a routine now after all the hectic moving and packing. I'm now counting down the days to my interview, when I'm hoping they'll say, " Are you a registered nurse? You're hired. Come tomorrow." 
I know that is incredibly unrealistic, but I'm still hoping. My interview has been pushed back a few times due to circumstances in Iqaluit, but currently I'm scheduled for Tuesday March 15. Here's a hope and a prayer that this will work out. I have already sent off my registration forms to be licensed up north, so hopefully everything will just fall into place. 
This waiting business is something I'm having a hard time with. Josh is better with being patient. I want to know everything now! But I have no choice but to wait and see how everything unfolds. In the meantime, still have a few things on the go here, with working, Hannah and Lance's wedding (March 19!) and I'm starting to think about gear that I'll need when I get up there. That means more shopping. Woohoo!

As for Josh, he's settled into his work routine as well. He packed up a Dornier and sent the pilots off for 10 days, so he's alone in Iqaluit getting the hangar and crew houses up to speed in preparation for the busy summer that is coming. The most common question I've heard about him being north is "how cold is it there?" Ironically, it has been colder in Edmonton this week that Iqaluit, but I'm sure that is destined to change soon. Here are some pictures of what he's up too. 

The crew house where Josh is living
He gets to use his parka!
Winter boots rated to -100C
The airport terminal
A Dornier - the plane Josh will be flying
Icy cool sunset
Iqaulit is situated on the Frobisher Bay
The Dornier and Skyvan warming in preparation for take off
The hospital where I am hoping to work

No comments:

Post a Comment